36 Projects Created
Joined May 2, 2015
- The Finley Project – For Grieving Moms After Infant Loss$1605 RaisedThe Finley Project exists to close the gap between the hospital and the home after a mother loses an infant. It provides a lifeline for mothers in the minutes, hours and days after infant loss through a 7-Part Holistic Program. We are raising funds to help support at least four mothers to be able to receive much needed support during this unimaginable situation. Consider donating to this campaign as all donation no matter the amount are 100% tax deductible.
- The Cops & Kids Chess Initiative$120 RaisedThe Chicago Public Schools and Renaissance Knights Chess Foundation, in partnership with the Chicago Police Department, developed the Cops & Kids Chess initiative as a year-round after-school program for elementary and high school students which includes a tournament with police officers and student players.
- The ATL Affair$405 RaisedThe Affair Series is a nonprofit organization that annually hosts a weekend of events aimed to bring young professionals together in various cities in order to raise funds for organizations dedicated to enhancing the lives of minority youth in urban communities. This year we will be partnering with The Friends of FAM, Inc. to host the ATL Affair in Atlanta, Georgia, to raise funds for scholarships for high school seniors heading to Florida A&M University!
- Seeing the Grand Canyon$1420 RaisedDirectlyTo has partnered with Sara Hampton of South Charleston, WV to help make a dream come true for Mr. Ahmad Shafi. Ahmad suffers from Retinitis Pigmentosa which is an inherited disease that causes blindness. One of Ahmad's dream is to see the Grand Canyon before he loses his sight permanently. Read his story and donate to this worthy cause.
- Life with Type 1 Diabetes$115 RaisedApproximately 1.25 million Americans have type 1 diabetes and the average person doesn’t understand the toll it can take on daily living. Although it is known as an invisible disease because those with it appear normal, just ask anyone with Type 1 Diabetes and they will assure you that there is nothing normal about the daily activities and the numerous necessary actions they must take just to make it through the day.
- SuccessfulThe Windy City Affair$880 RaisedThe Affair Series is a nonprofit organization that annually hosts a weekend of events aimed to bring young professionals together in different cities in order to raise money for organizations dedicated to enhancing the lives of minority youth in urban communities. This year, we will be in Chicago, Illinois with The Windy City Affair raising funds for the Swish Dreams organization.
- SuccessfulDirectlyTo: The Children of Flint$4381 RaisedThrough the efforts of DirectlyTo and Brand B Sports we are partnering with Tony Jones and Gabe Martin of Flint, MI to purchase commercial grade water filter units. Each unit will be installed into daycare centers and other locations children frequent in Flint.
- SuccessfulDirectlyTo: Tavi’s Smile$9370 RaisedDemicka Gilmore had to make an impossible choice three years ago: stay home and care for her daughter after a painful bone cancer diagnosis and subsequent leg amputation, or continue to work and leave her teen housebound, afraid and alone. It’s no choice a mother should ever have to make.
- DirectlyTo: Newborn Care Package$1140 RaisedThe unexplainable and sudden death of an infant is something, as parents, aunts, uncles and friends simply can’t ignore. However, we at DirectlyTo are taking a stand to help prevent SIDS with a fundraising effort designed to help parents and everyone sleep easy.
- DirectlyTo: Move, Play, Speak Scholarship$16555 RaisedThe focus of this scholarship is to support students from diverse backgrounds who meet the Scholarship Committee’s objective to develop a workforce of Pediatric Clinicians who are motivated to apply their expertise to help children Move, Play, and Speak.
- DirectlyTo: Finishing Strong$501 RaisedNew graduates have big dreams and a big tuition burden to match. Through our fundraising efforts, we will help them start life with a clean financial slate. No debt, no jaw dropping monthly payments, no debilitating repayment schedules. Just a chance to push towards personal, professional and passion-driven goals that, ultimately, benefit us all.